have nothing but pity ...
He deserves nothing but sympathy.
- We heard nothing but a slight noise. - Мы слышали только легкий шум.
- He felt nothing but despair. Mary's son gave her nothing but trouble.
- He does nothing but sit in front of his computer the livelong day.
- There is nothing for it but to go back home and wait for her.
- There is nothing for it but to quicken our steps. Нам ничего не оставалось, как …
- It was not for nothing that he advised us to go home.
- There’s nothing like a cup of strong coffee in the morning.