- But for your help we should not have finished in time. — Без вашей помощи мы не закончили бы вовремя.
- But for that your uncle would have been dead long ago.
2. if only smb did (have done) smth … -
3. Suppose smb (do) have done smth … - в повелит. наклонении выражает предложение :
- suppose we go to the cinema! — а не пойти ли нам в кино?
- Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously. For Moses, he knowses his toeses aren't roses as Moses supposes his toeses to be!
5. If smb were to do smth, smb would do smth … If smb would do smth, smb would do smth …
6. If smb should say smth, smb will do smth … Should smb say smth smb will do smth
7. It looks as if smb did (had done) smth – кажется, что к-т ч-т сделал
- is, was, will be
- It is high time for John Browning to be promoted to full professor; he has written a great deal but his books went unnoticed.
- won’t be
- It won’t be as if you were a party of it. – Ведь ты же не будешь участвовать в этом.