Maggots found in man's head
Бугорки (шишки), кожа головы, личинки, овод, бежать по венам (о крови), организм-хозяин, питающий паразитов,
A US holidaymaker got a nasty surprise when he discovered the lumps on his scalp were live maggots.
Aaron Dallas, from Colorado, US, sought medical advice when the bumps appeared on his scalp after a trip to Belize.
But it was not until the bumps started moving that doctors realized Dallas had five live botfly maggots inside his head.
"I'd put my hand back there and feel them moving. I thought it was blood coursing through my head," said Dallas. "I could hear them. I actually thought I was going crazy."
Adult bot flies are larger and more aggressive than European flies. One type attacks livestock, deer and humans.
They rely on mosquitoes, stable flies, and other insects to carry their eggs to a host, which in this case was Dallas.
"It was weird and traumatic," said Dallas. "I would get this pain that would drop me to my knees."
Guess the word by its definition:
- very shocking and upsetting, and causing psychological damage (adj.)
- an opinion you give someone about what they should do (noun)
- behaving in an angry, threatening way, as if you want to fight or attack someone (adj.)
Запомню назло всем:
Выражение have (got) a maggot in one's brain (или head) означает “быть человеком с причудами, иметь странные понятия
He's got a maggot in his brain on everything connected with art . — Он имеет самое странное понятие обо всем, что связано с искусством.
Вот ещё парочка значений из нового словарика Lingvo x3:
- Can I bum a maggot off of you? — Можно у тебя стрельнуть сигарету?
- He took a mighty drag on her cigarette, then snapped the maggot over the rail — Он глубоко затянулся ее сигаретой и швырнул окурок через перила
- Only a maggot would do something like that — На такое способен только настоящий подонок
- You maggot! Keep your lousy hands to yourself — Козел! Что лезешь со своими погаными руками?