Taken from www.TimesaversForTeachers.com
When writing, consider the following questions:
1. Is my introduction, relevant, interesting and attention-catching?
2. Have I written using paragraphs?
3. Have I written using sentences of different type?
4. Have I used appropriate verb tenses?
5. Am I writing from a clear point of view?
6. Have I kept on topic and not wandered?
7. Have I included interesting comparisons?
8. Are my ideas expressed in a clear and interesting language? Have I avoided the use of slang words?
9. Do my sentences flow, or are they too long/short?
10. Is there any unnecessary repetition of words or ideas?
11. Are my thoughts and ideas organized in a logical sequence? Can the reader easily follow and understand what I am trying to say?
12. Have I proofread my work and corrected any spelling and punctuation errors?
13. Have I written an effective and interesting conclusion?
14. Is my work polished and ready for public presentation?