Here's a TOP 5 selection of thoughts, ideas, jokes and conclusions I was happy to come across this week.
1. These are called 'mangled' metaphors and for some reason I find some sick pleasure in re-reading them from time to time.
a) Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two other sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
b) His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a tumble dryer.
c) The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
d) McMurphy fell 12 storeys, hitting the pavement like a paper bag filled with vegetable soup.
e) Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.
( Read more... )
2. Oxymoronic idea of making roasted ice-cream. I guess it would certainly be painful for your teeth.
Bonus: so far the best list of oxymorons I've come across on the web.
3. An unbelievably trashy movie has led me to a very enlightening review (in terms of vocabulary and phrasing I mean)
4. My favourite porn-horror (First post here, the 2nd here) movie generated a lot of buzz and this-movie-related merchandise. I'd like to wear this on my neck ... on weekends ... in the evening ... in private.
5. At around 7 in the evening I suddenly felt cold and insecure. I switched the FRED on (the first meaning here in case you wonder what that might be ) in the hope of finding some boosting stuff to buck up a bit, and here's what I stumbled upon. That's gross.
Somehow the first weekly I posted got deleted. I don't know how/why it happened, but I didn't especially liked it. Neither would you, my dear readers. I'm putting it under cut in this post ( Read more... )